I don’t really know what to call this one so I totally made it up: tomcado (tomato, cucumber, avocado) sounded kinda cool so we’re going to go with that. But anyways, I make it like 4 times a week and it never gets old. I’m OBSESSED with it and you’ve probably seen it on my IG stories (@katescrivfit) a couple times too! It’s my #1 requested recipe from people so here you go!
10 Cherry tomatoes (sliced in half)
1/3 Cucumber (diced)
1/2 Avocado (diced)
1/4 cup Feta
1/4 cup Crunchy onions
2-5 Fresh basil leafs (chopped)
1 tbsp Balsamic vinaigrette
1. Literally just throw everything into a Tupperware and shake it up until its all mixed together!
- The portion sizes are just there as guides – I never measure any of it out exactly, so these are all rough estimates
- This really does not save well because the crunchy onions get soggy and it all turns to mush if you don’t eat it in your first sitting (learned this the hard way) so I do not recommend this as a meal prep option
- You can put more or less of each ingredient depending on your preferences – I always tend to put more cucumber than anything
- I found that making it in a Tupperware is the best way to go because then you can close the lid and mix it up by shaking it which lets all the ingredients really mix together